DREAMGIVER.PH

Thursday, January 9, 2014

May I share an inspirational thought with you?

*kakapalan ko na ang mukha ko sa mga sasabihin ko dito. oo nangangarap lang ako, pero sa ngayon lang.*

Supposing I am a successful woman today. I was invited to give a short speech for a particular program in Philippines in front of fresh-grad students and their respective parents. I will fiercely say this:

"At first I thought reaching the age of 20 is the best that could ever happen. I guess now I am wrong. It is the age where you're in the middle of responsibilities and having fun,  have your first full time job ever and after 15 days of hardwork you'll pamper yourself with cute stuffs you bought from your first ever income. That's what I think about. When I was in college that is the scenario that I always see. I graduated at the age of 19 and I am so proud of my self because at young age, I already done studying plus a bachelor degree. I am eager to have my first ever job that could complete the scenario in my mind and luckily, I was called for an interview and the appointment is listed on my planner. I was too excited to tell my parents but they didn't pay me the reaction I want. They are not against of me working after the graduation but they are, kind of. They want me to stay at home, relax, and just do everything they want me to do and give attention to my sisters and the responsibilities they had left since they are working abroad. In short, I will stay in the house and take charge of everything. Then my 20th birthday came and I was sad. Sad because I thought I could already buy cute stuffs for myself from my salary but there is nothing like that that happened. Instead, I am in our house and cooked my spaghetti and just to make the story short, just a typical birthday celebration that a simple person can only afford. I didn't bought anything for myself. I feel so brokenhearted that time. Why my plans are not going on the way I want it to be?

I stayed for over one year in the house then another opportunity knocked. This time, I will not let myself get enslaved by responsibilities that I don't really need to do. I have my own life, I am sorry for being tough. This is what life has taught me.  I had a chance going to Europe and I accepted it with all the hopes that I can be successful and real independent someday. I got too excited that all I think about is the country I will going to live. I studied again and took a major in Photography and I became known for being a photographer all over Europe. The first time I returned to Philippines after 5 years, I am already a successful one and I am ready to be a professor and teach the learnings I learned that schools can't taught student.
To all the parents out there whatever it is that your dear child is dreaming about, do not go against it specially if your child is planning about his future. Be proud because you don't have to think about what will gonna be his future someday 'coz before everything else, he already did. Do not wait for the moment that you end up blaming yourself because as a parent you're the very first person who doesn't support your child's dream and he end up being a jobless to the point that he feels like he's worthless.
And to the children here, follow your dreams. Do what will make you happy in a very nice way that you're not hurting somebody. Make your parents realize that you can do it. You can do it alone. That you're not a baby anymore and someday, they will be proud of you. We always want to make our parents proud but it is not in a way that we are always going to say "YES" to them. We are here to be alone we are here for ourselves. Our  parents sends us to school for us and not for them as what they always say to us.
Don't regret if you've done it. Regret it if you don't."

All of these are true and some are soon to be. How I wish I will be a successful one someday. I will let myself go with the flow today but I already can see my limits. I will never be a "slave" forever. I will never be one.


No comments:

Post a Comment